|Posted on October 1, 2010 at 6:00 AM|
*This giveaway is now closed*
About Greek Yogurt:
With higher protein content than regular yogurt – has grown in popularity this year, as celebrities and trainers have endorsed its health benefits and big players, like Yoplait, introduced Greek yogurt lines. With a thicker consistency than regular yogurts, Greek yogurt can be used in some delicious recipes – from smoothies, to dips to cakes.
Yogurt Pound Cake Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) container Greek yogurt (flavor of choice)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the almond extract. Beat in the flour mixture and the Greek yogurt, mixing just until blended well.
- Pour batter into a 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 8 -10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
I was sent two Yoplait Greek Yogurt to review. Honey Vanilla and Plain flavor. So I decided to use one of my yogurts to bake with. Yogurt is also one of my favorite snacks. I had never tried Greek yogurt before, so I was very surprised to notice how well it blended in with my recipes. I also noticed that when eating it you can feel a different texture then regular yogurt. From now on I will use Greek yogurt in any recipe that calls for yogurt. I also love that yoplait has some great recipes that also uses Greek yogurt.
You can purchase Yoplait Greek Yogurt from just about any grocery store.
Yoplait Greek Yogurt is giving 1 lucky reader 2 coupons for free Yoplait Greek Yogurt. (Total of 2 free Yoplait Greek Yogurts)
Take a look at the Yoplait Greek Yogurt site and tell me which flavor you would love to try.
Extra Entries: (Optional):
Please leave a separate comment for each entry you do.
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect publicly (located on sidebar)
- "Like" Yoplait Greek Yogurt on Facebook
- Follow Blog of Bargains on Networkedblogs (located on sidebar)
- Become A Place For Every-Thing site member (4 entries)
- Subscribe to the Blog of Bargains RSS feed
- Blog about the giveaway with a link back. (6 entries)
- Follow @place4eveything on twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (1 extra entry per day)
Enter to #Win free Yoplait Greek Yogurt from @place4eveything #Giveaway ends 10/05! http://tinyurl.com/2fqh77n
- Subscribe to the Blog of Bargains e-mail newsletter and confirm your subscription (located on sidebar)
- "Like" A Place For Every-Thing on Facebook.
- Grab My Button (post your link)
- Enter another one of my current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Share a recipe on our forum (4 entries)
- Vote for us Top Mommy Blogs (1 extra entry per day/vote)
- Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post (1 entry per comment)
Please make sure that you leave your email address in your comment or that it is available in you profile. I will email the winner. Please be honest with posting your entries. I do check and will delete any invalid comments! I will use Random.org to choose the winner. This giveaway will end on October 05, 2010 at 11:59 pm, C.S.T. This giveaway is open the US only! The winner will have 24 hours to contact me before another winner is selected.
Good luck to all!
Disclaimer: Yoplait Greek Yogurt provided me with the free products to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.